Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Getting lazy.

Please tell me it's too early to get senioritis. Tell me it'll just pass and pretty soon I'll be back to doing my homework on time and diligently studying for any and all exams.

Hopefully this entire "kill time by facebooking and blogging" is just a phase that will disappear soon. Entirely. Prontisimo. If at all possible. 

Because, you see, I don't think I can handle three more years of school with senioritis.

Yeah... I'm going to be a super-senior. Five years of school. Because of all the pre-reqs required for some of my classes and the fact that some of the classes for my major are only offered fall semester and others only winter semester...five years of school it is. I'm still not sure how I feel about that.

Because of all the blank spots that'll now be in my schedule, I think I'll also minor in nutrition. Three minors? Do you think that screams out "Hi, I'm Emily and I had no idea what to do with my life so I decided to do a bit of everything"? I think it might. In my defense, trying to figure out what to do with the rest of your life is a little complicated, overwhelming, and scary. 

At least that'll give me another year before I have to start thinking about studying for [and taking!] the GRE, applying to grad schools, and figuring out a thesis project.

In the words of Cameron from Modern Family,



"I don't know! I just don't know!"

Meanwhile, I'd better get back to studying physics (fluids in motion? what?) and how Faust/Pere Goriot/The Communist Manifesto/Constitution/Declaration of Independence all tie together and affect our ideas of utopia in modern Western Civilization. Fun fun. 

P.s. Mark Zuckerberg came to BYU today to speak at a forum. It was quite fascinating. Mark, you said you were passionate about facebook--and that's what brought you success. Well, honestly, I bet I'm pretty passionate about it too. And that's not leading me to success--unless you plan on offering me a job for it. 

Therefore, goodbye, facebook, for the rest of the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment