Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

the big two zero.

I'm 20.
Whoa.

It's been a great day. 

I woke up at the early hour of 6:30, showered, went to the kitchen to eat breakfast...and found that Ms. Haley Boyle (aka best roommate ever) had left me a lovely surprise.

A sweet card. An AMAZING bamboo plant. And a mysterious poem with the mail key. 

I love plants.  And cards. And clever poems.
Haley, you're genius.
I went to work. Went to my religion class. Finished a WHOLE physics assignment in an hour. Got a chicken bbq wrap from l&t for lunch. Got 100% on my Spain prep class quiz. Watched old movies during Honors (who says no to a movie?). Got 100% on my commemorative speech. AND got out of class at 8:30 instead of 9:00. 

Following the instructions on the poem, I ran home to check the mail. Lo and behold, a package wrapped in newspaper with Jimmer Fredette's face on top. Um, YES. And, there was a plastic pink easter egg as well. Once I was in the house, I opened the package to find a package of knives, which I had sorely needed. I was thrilled. I opened the easter egg, and there was a piece of paper that said "I'm a little green and stalky."

My easter egg, Jimmer Fredette package,
and easter egg.
Haley informed me Cheryl was making me work for my present. I found my bamboo plant in my room with another easter egg. This time, the note inside the egg said "Blinds--not just for peeking at the neighbors!"

Bamboo plant with clue.
I checked the blinds in our room. Nothing. I went to the kitchen. Sure enough, behind the blinds, Cheryl had left me peach gummy rings (I really love these) with another egg. This time the clue said, "...and the rocks, for his rock hard abs."

Treasure behind the blinds.
It took me a while to figure this one out...until I remembered an inside joke and I checked our poster. There was another egg. AND a gift card to Panda Express. I couldn't BELIEVE it. Their chow mein and orange chicken? Pretty much heaven on earth. The clue said "Pooh bear, I know you're out there!"

Panda Express card. If I were you, I'd be pretty
jealous of me right now.
I found our Pooh bear poster on our wall--behind it was another clue. This one said "Something you will surely miss when we move." 


That clue was easy to figure out. What would I miss? Our washer and dryer fo sho. I discovered a box of raspberry yogurt pretzels and still another clue. This one said "I may give you the cold shoulder all the time; but you still love me, especially when you're hungry!"

yummy pretzels. and another clue.
I ran to the fridge...and found...this!
I opened the box...and  it was
 cake! Ah YUM.
Pretty fantastic finale, if I do say so myself. But it gets better. Kim came home, and she treated me out to frozen yogurt. All of us went. It was spectacular. :) I have the best roommates (and ex-roommate) ever. 

me, haley, cheryl, and kim.

Sorry about the length of this blogpost. I just couldn't contain my excitement. This beats any princess party that Mitchell (Modern Family, for you non-watchers) could throw. 

I must say, so far, it's looking like 20 just might be the best year yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment