Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Report: Formal Hall (2)

Formals are one of my favorite things here in Cambridge. It's an excuse to get all dressed up. Then you get to walk on the grass and engage in polite conversation while elegantly holding a glass of wine (aka apple juice). Finally, you sit down at a beautifully set table and eat a three-course dinner.

Quite posh, don't you think?
Forget posh. It's just fun.

Mim let me try on her Cambridge robes. :)
A long time ago (okay, like two weeks long), I went to a formal in the Old Library of Pembroke College. It was a beautiful building and a delicious meal: melon soup with melon caviar as an appetizer, some kind of fish for the main course, and creme brulee for dessert. 


being silly.
Cheers!!
shoes!
mine, tanya's, manana's, and becca's.
After the formal, we were still feeling lively. We ran home to change and put on our dancing shoes, and then we went clubbing. Lola Lo's. We partied until the club closed at 3:00. It was a good night.

I also went to a formal in King's College. I'd been looking forward to this formal for a long time...aka I've (really really really) wanted to walk on the grass at King's ever since day one of this Cambridge experience.

WHAT we're on the grass.
some of the studs i get to hang with on a daily basis.
jack, brendan, me, chris, and matt.
more pictures.
that's king's chapel in the background of the middle one.

our three-course meal at kings.
honestly, this meal was a little strange.
tasty, but yeah...a little strange.
maybe i should just blame my uncultured-ness.

No comments:

Post a Comment