Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

goodbyes.

I'm dreadfully behind with blogging...but then, what's new, right? I'll catch up eventually.

However, today actually IS the day I'm saying goodbye.
This is my last full day in Cambridge.
My plane leaves 24 hours from now. Literally.

It hasn't sunk in yet that I'm leaving--but every time I think about it, my stomach drops about 2,476 feet and I feel slightly sick. I don't want to leave.

This study-abroad experience has been unreal. I've made some amazing friends here and have created some amazing memories.Cambridge has taught me a lot about learning; perhaps most importantly, it's made me rediscover how much I love it. Cambridge has also taught me a lot about me. This entire summer has been me learning about who I am and who I want to be. The funny thing is, that doesn't mean I have myself all figured out. Perhaps more than anything, I've just realized how much I don't know and how much I still have left to experience. Anyways, I'll leave that for another time.

Goodbyes are funny things. Here's the thing: school starts at BYU on Monday. That means I could see most of the people I've hung out with here in less than three days if I wanted. So it's not really a sad good-bye in the sense of I've made all these great friends and now I won't ever see them again type of way. It's a sad goodbye in the sense of I'm leaving Cambridge and this amazing two-month experience is OVER.

But life goes on. And you keep having to say hello and then goodbye. Goodbyes suck, but at least they also forcibly kick you out the door to do some more learning and to experience life from a new perspective.

Goodbyes force you to say new hellos.
And hellos are something I do like.

New adventures await me, even in Provo, UT.

 
The Cam, a punt, and the King's College Chapel.

1 comment:

  1. oh there are so many adventures waiting in provo. it's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete