Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

post-finals celebration.

study break!
Module 1 is done. finished. terminated. As of last Friday.

That week was a wee bit stressful. I've been having a blast here, but especially on Tuesday night (I stayed up till five writing a midterm) and on Thursday night (preparing like mad for my final), I wished I had spent a little bit more time in the Kings library. The thing with Cambridge finals...it's impossible to cram for them. It's not memorization. It's understanding. And that only comes through lots and lots of reading and module-long preparation. Something about finals always freaks me out. Something about Cambridge finals freaks me out even more.

On Friday, the Gothic Architecture final started at 12:35. One hour. Two essays that decide 45% of your grade. GO. By 1:35 I was massaging my hand, but I was a free woman. Talk about liberation.


We just had to celebrate.
And we did.

First, we went shopping. We found a sa-weet vintage shop. We tried on all sorts of amazing items of clothing, as well as bought costumes for the Britannia Bop (it was "fancy dress"--meaning, costume party) that night.

We all met up for dinner at a Thai restaurant. I tried pad thai for the first time. I asked for it without peanuts...and it was so so so good. Amazingly flavorful compared to the cafeteria food that we usually eat. It was delicious food. Definitely something I would order again.

After dinner, we all went punting on the Cam. Since it was a bit later at night, there not nearly as many people on the river. So relaxing, punting is. For some reason, I had a harder time punting this time around...in fact, I came THIS close to falling in the river once. It was a scary moment, let me tell you.

Then...we went home to change...and all met up at The Hidden Rooms. The PKP programme had rented out an entire club for us. We danced like crazy until the place kicked us out at 12:30. It was insane. The rooms were SO hot and by the end of the night, the floors were wet with a rather disgusting mix of sweat and beer. Gross, right? It was still amazingly fun. Do it again in a heartbeat.


After the dancing, Chris (one of the great PA's here) took a group us out to The Maypole, a pub. We got drinks. Fun atmosphere. Great conversation.

I didn't get to sleep until after 3:30. Departure for my London trip was in less than six hours. Was it worth it? Oh, yes. Yes, it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment