Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

papers out of my ears

I wrote a 12-page paper yesterday.
I read it and all I see is 12 pages of word throw-up.
I'm leaving it for tonight.
I'll read it tomorrow, and hope it sounds better.
I really don't want to have to rewrite the entire darn thing.

There were four of us at the library last night until 2:30. We had a study/snack break a little after midnight. We went through an entire can of pringles, a package and a half of cookies, and an entire bag of gummies.Yeah...let's not talk about that. There's something about late nights at the library that just mandates food. When Katelyn and I were at the library until 3:00 a couple weeks ago, we went through a large package of chocolate and lots of nutella and crackers.

Funny youtube videos are also a necessity. When Katelyn and I were at the library, Chris was showing us British comedy shorts. Last night, Matt showed us an awful rendition of O Holy Night. Both nights everybody concerned was shaking from contained laughter and tearing up. Hysterical.

Tonight, I'm hoping to write about seven pages on a separate paper.
I want to hopefully have them both done by Friday.
I need them to be done by Friday.
I'm leaving for Amsterdam on Friday.

I have an exam on Friday.
Oops, guess I should find time to study for that too.
90% of my grade for my Shakespeare class rests upon this week.
45% of my grade for my History of the Reformation class. 

If I can make it through this week of Cambridge-ness, I can make it through anything.

P.S. Secretly, I'm going to miss these late nights at the library. I'm going to miss being with these amazing people who listen to me complain and complain with me. I'm going to miss walking around Cambridge at night. I'm going to miss all the raw learning I'm doing here. I'm going to miss collapsing into bed and waking up four hours later for an early class--especially when I know that everybody else will be just as bleary-eyed as me. I'm going to even kind of miss the stress--because it's that stress that really makes me believe I'm a student at Cambridge this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment