Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

san sebastion = love.

sometimes, i wonder if spain will ever just stop taking my breath away.

and then i spend a night in san sebastion (pais Vasco) and i know that the answer is "nope. not a chance."

Here's our first afternoon/night in Pais Vasco.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Our first stop in this beautiful part of Spain was in Bilbao, to see one of the most famous modern art museums in the world-the Guggenheim Museum.

The building itself is famous--designed by Frank O. Gehry, and exhibiting some of the most groundbreaking architecture of the 20th century.

riley, rachel, courtney, and i outside the museum.

They also have a huge flower dog, just chilling outside of the museum.

dana, me, & flower dog.

The museum was fascinating in a very weird way.
Very interesting.
Kind of disturbing. but
...i liked it?

Then we left Bilbao for San Sebastion.
Oh boy.
Do I LOVE this place or WHAT?

Bay of Biscay is GORGEOUS.
will and i (almost) on the beach.

Our group went and ate tapas.
(San Sebastion is famous for their tapas)
I think I would have enjoyed them a lot more if I 
actually really enjoyed seafood...
thank goodness for the tortilla espanola.
It's always a safe, tasty option.

Afterwards, our director treated us to ice cream.
Hands down, the best ice cream I've had in Europe so far.
That is saying a LOT, considering the quantity of ice cream I have eaten so far.

rikki and i celebrating our copious amount of delicious ice cream.
And then we went and played on the beach.

Even at night, this beach is beautiful.



But even more than that, the sand is SO soft and smooth and the water is so warm. I can't imagine a more perfect beach.

Riley got thrown in the water. Laura and I ran down the coastline. We took pictures. We all got a little (and a lot) bit wet and a lot bit sandy.

And it was all absolutely perfect.

I'm laying in the most comfortable hotel bed I've had yet in a four star hotel and I'm going to go to sleep and dream some sweet dreams.

Tomorrow, I'm going to France for the day. 
:)


-------------------------------------------------------

                Hoy salimos por País Vasco.  Nuestra primera parada fue en Bilbao, donde vimos el Museo Guggenheim. Es un museo de arte moderno y tiene mucha arte de tres dimensiones. Fue muy interesante.  Había algunas exhibiciones que fueron un poco raras, pero todavía me gustó el museo. También el edificio es muy famoso. Fue designado por Frank O. Gehry y la arquitectura es muy innovadora.

                Después salimos para San Sebastian. Me encanta este lugar—es tan TAN hermoso. Está en la costa de Bay de Biscay y la playa aquí es increíble. No hay muchas turistas aquí. San Sebastion es famoso por sus tapas y nuestros directores nos llevaron a un lugar de tapas. No me gustó mucho pero eso es porque no me gustan los mariscos. Pero me gustó mi tortilla española y por eso pude comer algo.

                Después de comer, nuestros directores nos compraron helado—lo mejor helado que he comido aquí en España. Cuando estábamos caminando a nuestro hotel, jugamos en el agua. Fue tan divertido.

                Nuestro hotel aquí es fantástico. Las camas son las mejores en este hotel. Voy a dormir muy bien esta noche.

No comments:

Post a Comment