Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

firenze. aka, florence.

The Italian sounds ever so much more pretty than the English.
Not going to lie, I've been loving hearing all the Italian here. If I ever marry a tall, dark, absolutely dashing Italian, I just might ask him to talk to me in Italian every single day. Even though I only understand about three words max.

uhhh...anyways.

So you know that breakfast I was so excited about yesterday? Well, we didn't eat it. We woke up at 6:05 and had about a half hour to get ready. We grabbed a piece of white, store bread (not so tasty) as we charged out the door.

BUT, this story has a happy ending. We walked past a French bakery as we headed for the train station and we bought a baguette, still warm from the oven. It was absolutely delicious. Even better, we had half a loaf left over after breakfast and we ate it for lunch on the train.

baguette for breakfast.
We pulled in to Florence a little after three this afternoon. We checked in to our hostel (Archi Rossi) and it's actually a super cool place. It's very clean and the walls are all painted.

our hostel.
Then we set out to explore Florence. We walked all over. And now my feet hurt. But I would do it again in a heartbeat. It was so beautiful. Here's a little glimpse of what Florence has to offer.

I'm really tired and want to get to bed, so the rest of the post will be more pictures and less talking.






It's pretty, huh. All of it.

And then it was late and we were quite hungry. So we ate dinner (real pasta in Italy!) and then had some Italian gelato for dessert. Of course, it was delicious. The gelato deserves a special mention because it was INCREDIBLE. Definitely eating some more of that while I'm in Italy. At least once (or maybe twice) a day.



After dinner we walked and walked and walked until we got back to our hostel. I promptly took off my shoes and put my feet up. Ahhhh heavenly.

I'm off to sleep. Good night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment