Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

found my keys, lost my phone

Such is life, I guess.

I'd been missing my keys for over a week. After being locked out of our apartment multiple times, I was on the brink of paying $50 to rekey the door...and then I found my keys. I proudly took my keys to school with me...and then in my EDLF 362 class, I realized I was missing my phone. I crossed my fingers, closed my eyes, and hoped to high heaven that I'd left it at home.

Thing was, I knew I had had it in my hand as I was running up the stairs at 7:58 that morning, trying to get to my 8:00 chemistry class on time. Of course I made it- I always do. That didn't help the fact, however, that I seem to have a penchant for losing anything of value that I own. 

Just as I was telling myself how smart I was to pay a little extra to get insurance on my phone, I got an email from my dad telling me that the Lost&Found people had called him about my phone. Even though I didn't make it to the Lost&Found office before it closed, at least I know where it is now. Thank goodness for all the honest people at BYU. :)

In other news, my physics test (aka bane of my existence) is this week. I have a ticket home for Christmas (oh JOY). I'm thinking about going to Africa (Dear parents, I'll call you about this. Promise). I'm applying for internships. Writing a 15-20 page group paper (good group=good group project experience. Thank you to whoever was watching out for me up there on that one). Watching foreign movies at the International Cinema (often leaving mildly but happily confused). Still keeping up with Modern Family (no judging- it's hilarious). Meeting with professors (intimidating). Always catching up on life. Always busy. But loving it most of the time.

Life just works out. It's great.

P.S. Donated blood today for the first time since that one time I passed out in the hallway of the Wilk. I was so nervous that the nurse asked me if it was my first time, even though I clearly had the red sticker on, which meant that I'd donated before. I spent my morning drinking my weight in water and my afternoon eating the package of free cookies I got and the whole deal went without a hitch. See, Mom? No cause to worry.
P.P.S. It was snowing this morning around 7:00. I know it's November and all...but no. Not ready for this. Snow's only welcome when I can play Christmas music and I can't play Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment