Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

halloween

Tonight, I went to a Halloween party. 


I wore the same thing I wore to the first Cambridge Bop--namely, a white blouse, sweet leather vest, a green headscarf, wood earrings--and called myself a hippie.

I left a half hour later.

Because the entire time, I was thinking, "This is lame sauce compared to the Bop."

And because nobody was dancing.

And because I had been far more in the spirit of Halloween when I had been decorating ghost/pumpkin shaped sugar cookies with my roommate, carving pumpkins with Cambridge folk, and getting lost in a corn maze (where I was scared multiple times for free).

So yes, I left. And I went grocery shopping instead.

I think that means I've become stingy with my time. Or maybe I didn't want to have to call tonight a total sunk cost (I've been hanging out with one too many economists lately?), or maybe I need to stop comparing Provo dance parties to European dance parties, or maybe...

I think I'm starting to become a boring adult. WHAT.

In other news, I cut my roommate's hair today so that she could be Spock (Star Trek). She doesn't just look like Spock, folks--she is the feminine version of Spock. It's that good.

Happy Halloween, e'erbody.

2 comments:

  1. i hear ya on the getting old thing... sometimes, i just want to spend saturday night in with a good movie and biiiig blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey basically any dance party where I'm not there is not really going to meet your expectations. Sorry to do that to you, but it's true. Also I didn't actually go to a big "party" this year, just did lots of little Halloweeny things with friends and fam and I think it was one of the best Halloween seasons I've had in a long time.

    ReplyDelete