Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

some other neat things to do in minneapolis.

Minneapolis is a pretty neat place. If you should ever get the chance to go there, you should definitely do/experience some of these things. This is just a continuation of the other Minneapolis post that was on here somewhere.

Note: I realized that most of these have something to do with food. Conclusion: I ate a lot in Minneapolis. Fact: I eat a lot every day of my life.

11) Go to A-Z pizza. It's a farm in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin that just happens to have a hopping pizza kitchen as well. They grow all their own ingredients, and have lots of really beautiful acreage. And the pizza is delish.



12) Zip around some cornfields in an old red convertible.


13) Get breakfast at Al's. It's a little dinky place in dinkytown with a row of stools at the counter, a really long line, and some of the best pancakes I've ever had. Classic.

14) Get seafood at Stella's. They have really great rooftop seating to boot.


15) Go to the Harbor View Cafe in Pepin, Wisconsin. They have amazing food. AMAZING. Not to mention it's in Pepin, which is not only beautiful, but is also the birthplace of Laura Ingalls. You know, the Little House on the Prairie books? Please tell me I'm not the only one who read those books. Man, I loved those books when I was little. I even had a pioneer Laura Ingalls dress, I kid you not. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you definitely missed out. To be completely fair though, I was a funny kid, and I mean the kind of funny that would be totally into things like books about Laura Ingalls.

Pepin Lake
Harbor View Cafe.

16) Hike the bluffs in Wisconsin. I don't remember where they were, but they were gorgeous!



17) Some other great restaurant's: Annie's, Potbelly's, Loring's Pasta Bar, Psycho Suzie's, Chino Latino, Cafe Latte (amazing dessert).

18) Go to the Jazz Festival!! This is INCREDIBLE if you like jazz. And if you don't like jazz, it's still pretty cool. I got to see The Bad Plus, and they were INSANE. Plus, it's free.

The Bad Plus
19) Go to the Canterbury horse races. It's especially great if you go when all the food trucks are there. I got a Korean bbq burrito and it was worth every penny.


20) Go to the Farmer's Market early on a Saturday morning! I wish I could have gone more often. Lots of flowers, good food, and fresh produce.

21) Check out the Minneapolis Institute of Art. I was actually so impressed with their art collection.


22) Experience the Midwest Tomato Festival. It culminates in a large tomato fight, which is actually pretty fun despite being a little crazy.
my roommate and i post-tomato fight.
23) Go kayaking on the Rice Creek Chain of Lakes. Super beautiful and serene. Not too many people. A nice break from the city.


24) Go boating/tubing on one of Minnesota's many many big lakes. So much fun. My arms were sore for a couple days.

Everything else on this list is kind of specific to my personal experience. But hey, if you decide getting glasses in Minneapolis is the thing to do too, all the more power to ya.

25) Work related things that were kind of cool: I got to make butter and cheese on a bench-top scale. I also got to tour one of Land O'Lakes' plants in Spencer, WI which was interesting. I got lots of free butter and cheese. I love butter and I love cheese, so it was a win-win. Getting to the point here finally, I also got to work on a really cool and interesting project and present my results three different times (R&D, corporate, and Analytical).

being all science-y and stuff. 
26) Cool things I bought: new glasses, old books, a DSLR, an iPod, a real suit, and a massage. I do not regret a single one of those things.

27) Things you should avoid: car problems. I got my car towed three times while I was there. I replaced my engine and my battery. I also got cussed out for the first time for blocking traffic when my car died, which would have been kind of funny if I hadn't been so mad that my car had died again. You should also make sure you always know where you are as to avoid certain areas of Minneapolis. Every time I went running, I would see this tall building with multi-colored panels and I would always wonder what it was. I thought about running that direction one time to find out. Then I discovered that they were called the crack stacks, and that it would not be a good idea to go running in that direction. See what I mean?

Basically, if you're in Minneapolis, you should make some friends and go do stuff!

Me, Amanda, Brooklynne, Andi, and Kelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment