Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

busy never felt so good.

I go to the library until midnight about 4 nights every week. That one night of the week I don't go is what usually reminds me of why I need to go the other four nights. 

Like right now. I have an overwhelming amount of homework to do and stuff to study that I'm behind on, and yet I'm scribbling on this blog. I think I tend to enter into a state of denial once it gets really bad. 

I'm living in the Spanish House right now. It was actually quite the adjustment at first. I don't think I was prepared for how big of a time commitment it is. I think my Spanish is definitely getting better though. Or at the very least, my Spanglish is. That's...bueno. Right? To be honest, the only-spanish-allowed-in-the-house rule really isn't too bad, although it probably helps that I have an awesome roommate who doesn't care that I tend to stop conjugating my verbs late at night. 

Anyways, getting back on track to what I really wanted to say. So living here means that every day, people ask me "Como estas?" 

And I always say, "Bien." (There's 22 people in the Spanish House, so that's a lot of "bien's.") 

Because I am. It's still good to be back, even though I feel busier than I ever have before. Every day is a busy day and every day is still a great day. Interesting, huh. That opinion might change after next week's midterms, but you know. Ride the wave while it lasts.

Well, here's me signing off and jumping back into trying to decide what I want to write my research proposal on. Here's to reading more papers on the effects of amylase on polyphenols in carbohydrates within a heating process. Here's to not falling asleep just yet.

Excuse me, what I'm really trying to say is here's a really really great song by a really really great band. 

No comments:

Post a Comment