Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

a sea of children.

I think this was the last school we visited in Zambia that was out in the bush. It was probably one of my favorite schools. I have no idea what is called anymore--oops. I guess that's what I get for never writing in a journal and waiting three months to write about it.

The charity we worked with sponsored teachers to come all the way out here and teach. It was just so cool to see these kids learning and smiling and laughing. Their happiness is just infectious.

A sea of adorable children!
SO MANY HAPPY KIDS.
These children are just adorable. They don't speak much, if any, English, but they will still smile at you and shout "MZUNGU! MZUNGU!"

Sometimes they're really shy and they won't make eye contact. Other times they'll just slip up behind you and put their hand in yours. They'll follow you around and if you smile at them, they'll shout and laugh before running away.

Sean brought a couple bags of candy with us from the States and we handed it out to them once they were seated back in a classroom. They sang songs for us--there were so many of them and they all sang so loudly that it was almost painful.

Sitting in class. 
Lots of happy kids with their "sweets."


I honestly think that is one of my favorite memories in Africa. Listening to those children sing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment