Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Chishimba Falls

On one of our last days in Zambia, we visited Chishimba Falls. It was BEAUTIFUL.

Before we drove to the falls, Tobias and Geoffrey stopped at the grocery store--they were going to give us a real African BBQ experience.

When we finally there, I hadn't been planning on going to see the actual falls (lame, I know) as I was running quite low on cash and I still had a week to go in Zanzibar. However, when the head honchos decided to let me pay the significantly cheaper "Zambian" entry price, I ended up getting to see them after all.

For that singular achievement, Geoffrey ended up giving me a Bemba name--Mutale.


first set of falls.

one of the sets of rapids. 
pathway to the second set of falls.
second set of falls. i could have stayed right here for ages and ages. 
I was really glad I got the chance to see the falls. I guess if I hadn't, I wouldn't have known what I was missing really though. It's sad, but honestly, pictures just don't do things like that justice.

While Sam, Sean, and I were out exploring the falls (Nick and Jeff had seen them earlier before the rest of us had gotten to Zambia), Tobias and Geoffrey were busy grilling a chicken and some strips of beef.

eating lunch.
Tobias is the one on the left and Geoffrey is the one on the right. 
We ate the food, burning our fingers and all that jazz. It was good--as long as you got the meat that was fully cooked. I'm a slightly paranoid American, so I was little wary of anything that looked even slightly pink.

It was a good way to start finishing up our stay in Zambia. Tobias and Geoffrey are seriously awesome people and great employees of the charity, and it was fun to just hang out with them and the rest of the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment