Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

general conference weekend.

General Conference weekend is over.
And with that...

An Einsteins bagel bucket is demolished.
Two pints of Ben and Jerry's ice cream....gone.

Haley and I have been having a really healthy weekend here, obviously.

But more importantly, this year's conference was incredible. Temples in Wyoming, the Congo, South Africa, Paris, Columbia,  and wait, a SECOND temple in Provo?!? Out of the Provo Tabernacle, no less. Blew my mind. There was an audible gasp from the conference center...we could hear it on the tv from our apartment.

I loved Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk on Saturday afternoon--his talks are always inspiring and comforting. Robert D. Hale's talk this morning on trials and the importance of "waiting upon the Lord" was also a fave. As well as Dallin H. Oaks' talk on Christ. The one that made me go "ouch" the most was Ian S. Arden's talk on using time wisely and managing distractions. Yeah...need to work on that one.

I made dinner tonight. It's been something I've been wanting to make for a while. Stuffed tomatoes with garlic, pancetta, and garlic. And whole wheat pasta. Yum.

before cooking.

after.
It was delicious.

Tomorrow Haley and I are starting a diet of sorts. An eat-healthier (you mean eating outside of the bagel and ice cream food groups? yes.) and regular exercise sort of diet. Don't laugh now.

I'm determined to lose all that Europe weight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment