Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

cruise control.

Sometimes I want to take on the world. As in, ace all my classes, work a ridiculous amount of hours a week, get a research position, do the Honor's program, read the New York Times over breakfast, figure out my thesis, run a marathon, read poetry in my free time, eat healthy, apply for 3495 internships, fulfill church callings, be an amazing friend, go to activities, participate in clubs, and the list could go on forever.

And sometimes I get a little tired of that. Sometimes, all I want to do is sit on the couch, watch movies, and eat pringles. And because I can't, I procrastinate and sit around and get on facebook and wander pointlessly throughout the week. Mostly because I can. And because I forget how good it feels to be the best I can be.


Sometimes you need something to shock you out of couch potato mode. I got that shock today.

That's it, I'm off cruise control mode now.

Sometimes it takes failing a test to get you ready to pass the course with flying colors. And I'm not talking just about classes here.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry. You haven't failed any life tests recently. :) Just keep on trucking.

    ReplyDelete