Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Place of Residency...

Here are my colleges. 

1) one of the inner courtyards at Pembroke College.
2) King's College, as seen from across the Cam.
Technically, you're supposed to belong to just one, but I'm claiming both. I eat at Pembroke (and it's beautiful--lots of gardens), but Kings is just something else. It's got an incredible late Gothic chapel and it's right on the Cam. Mhmm. So pretty. I would probably have a stronger loyalty to a particular college if I actually lived inside one of them...but I don't...so I like both.

I live in the equivalent of "off-campus housing." It's owned by Pembroke college, but it's not within the college. It's a bit far--I walk about 25 minutes to get to class at the Union Society Building and about 10-15 minutes to get to Pembroke. I actually enjoy the walk though...unless I'm running late for class. The building is very old, but it suits me just fine.

the outside of "home."
Honestly, I was expecting a box. Or a closet, if I was lucky. I mean, you can't expect too much if you've purposely picked the cheapest housing available. So obviously, I was thrilled to find that I have my own room--a room that is twice the size of the room I'll be sharing with Haley this upcoming fall. The only bummer is that I don't have a sink in my room... but at least the bathroom is literally only four feet away from my door, so I can't complain too much.

my room.
I put up all my postcards and other souvenir artwork on the wall/fireplace mantel. It's cozy. And I keep it pretty clean....although the fact that there's a bedder probably helps a lot.

The bedder comes about every other day to empty my trash and make my bed. She (or he--it's been different people sometimes) also vacuums my floor and changes my sheets/towel once a week. I feel a little spoiled.

In short, it's a very nice place...and I enjoy coming home to it. :)

2 comments:

  1. wow!! stunning buildings! and that room is like twice the size (easily) than the one devaun and i shared in spain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally and completely jealous! Have so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete