Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

london with the bro.

My second day in London was spectacular for a couple reasons, but mostly because JON WAS THERE.


While I was waiting for Jon, Katelyn went back to Piccadilly Circus to see if we could get tickets for Wicked or the Lion King (we couldn't). Jon arrived, and we had to wait for Katelyn to get back, and so we just hung out in the pub and talked for about an hour and a half. It. was. SO. great. Oh, wow, I can't even tell you how good it was.


Katelyn got back, and we left on many an adventure.


Our first stop was Saint Paul's Cathedral. We couldn't go inside because it was closed for some reason...but we definitely enjoyed ourselves.


For one thing, the exterior of the building is fantastic and
enjoyable to look at.
Secondly, I found a very sparkly piano in the garden by the
 cathedral and PLAYED it.
Hard to top that kind of an experience.
So fun.
Saint Paul's from another angle.
We ate lunch at EAT, due to a recommendation by a BYU friend who'd studied in London. I had the best vegetable dumpling soup ever. It was SO delicious, SO fresh. I mean, the bean sprouts were so fresh, they were crunchy. Yummmm.




Then we walked to the Millennium Bridge, aka THE Harry Potter bridge. We walked across it. I believe it would have been much more exciting, albeit a bit more dangerous, if it was falling apart due to Voldemort's minions of evil. Nonetheless, it was still cool.


Proof!!!


As we were walking away from the bridge, of course, we saw a cheery red telephone booth, and being tourists, of course, we needed pictures.




We then decided to hit up Westminster Abbey/Big Ben/Houses of Parliament. I don't have too much to say about all these buildings. All of them were very impressive, although we couldn't enter any of them. Bummer. We just sat on the lawn for a while in front of Westminster Abbey and rested. Boy, I can't even tell you how good these rests feel. It's indescribable.




Our next stop was the iconic Tower Bridge. We walked across it, and like the Millennium Bridge, it did not fall down. We were okay with that. I also go to see the Tower of London as we were walking to the bridge. THE Tower of London. I just eat this history stuff up. It was kind of hard to believe that so many people lost their heads there, especially with so many tourists (like me) milling around.




After the bridge, we split up...mostly so that Jon could figure out how he was going to get to the airport on time. Katelyn and I went to Oxford Street and did some shopping. I didn't buy anything (good me), but it sure was fun to look. We went back to the hostel eventually and met up with Jon again for dinner.


We went to a Thai restaurant and it was incredible.


delish. not even kidding.
We returned to the hostel so that I could charge Jon's phone. We went to Mcdonalds to eat Mcflurries while we waited for it to charge. I lent him my laptop. I also gave him twenty pounds to ensure he would get to the airport on time. Good sister, aye?


He repaid me by forgetting to give me my contact solution, medicine, lotion, and camera. I was not a happy camper, but no worries, I had forgiven him by the next day.


That next day marks the day I myself departed from London to go to Cambridge. And here is where my two and a half weeks of vacation ended and my two months of Cambridge-ness began.

No comments:

Post a Comment