Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

i love you most, best, forever.

At least that's what my little sister tells me.

My dad picked me up from the airport Thursday night. As we were driving home, he updated me on life around the house...a piece of which was "Jeremiah's room is always neat. Evelyn's room is always messy. In fact, it's usually so messy that she really has no idea where to even begin to pick it all up."

I walked through the door of mi casa around midnight. As my mom hugged me, she told me that Evelyn had picked up her entire room. For me. By herself. Now that's pure love right there--coming straight from a four-year-old.

Evelyn was thrilled to find me in her room the following morning and woke me up by jumping all over me. She's been glued to my side the entire weekend.

I told her I had to leave tomorrow and asked her if she'd miss me. She sighed and said, "Yeah." And then, "Will you miss me?"

"Of course."

"Don't worry, Emily. You'll make friends at college who'll talk to you too."


little miss evelyn herself.
Thanks, darling. Love you most, best, and forever too.

No comments:

Post a Comment