Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Jillian Michaels and Rodney Yee

I tend to spend my evenings with Jillian Michaels and Rodney Yee, as all of girls are trying to be more fit. Jillian Michaels kicks all of our butts with her rather abrasive personality and aggressive workouts. It is sad how tired I can be after one of her 20 minute workouts. Then we usually take a break for ten minutes and listen to some music before we start in with one of Rodney Yee's yoga workouts.

It's the first time I've ever done yoga semi-consistently, and I'm loving it. The first couple times it was hard for me to understand how it was a workout, but I think I was doing it wrong. I've got it figured out now, more or less. Yoga is tiring, but in an entirely different way than one of Jillian's workouts. It's also extremely relaxing, and I always sleep extraordinarily well after I do yoga. It's so peaceful that we don't even care that the cement floor is absolutely filthy and that we don't have yoga mats.

Workout DVDs have never been my thing, because I usually tend to lose interest after the first two days. One can only think about jean shopping so many times, dear Jillian. However, I actually kind of look forward to these workouts. The repetition is much more endurable with your friends. Plus, peer pressure makes me actually do all the pushups and crunches, which makes them slightly more effective and worthwhile, I'd say.

Pre-Jillian Michaels
We use water bottles as weights.  The arm workouts are never too challenging that way.
That's probably why I look so thrilled while everybody else looks hardcore.
Post-Jillian Michaels.
Nobody's happy.

1 comment:

  1. Rodney Yee is my homeboy. You guys are tough and hardcore for doing both Jillian and yoga in Malawi during the summer.

    ReplyDelete