Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

black rock [kasungu national park]

After we had seen the cave paintings, we drove to Black Rock. We climbed it (you can only see part of the climb from the pictures--I stopped taking pictures after the first half, as it got a lot trickier and I wanted to be able to use both hands), and once we got to the top, we were rewarded with a beautiful view. If we'd had a cave behind us, it could have been pride rock. We could see for miles and miles--even Zambia was visible on the horizon. 

The manager of Lifupa had packed us a lunch, so we had drinks and falafel, cucumber salad, and spiced potatoes to celebrate the moment. It was delicious.

The trusty land rover and Black Rock.
Looking up at the backside of Black Rock.
Partway up Black Rock. 
Part way up Black Rock.
That's Kevin in the background on the left, and part of Matt on the right.
I put my camera away after this until I got to the top. I didn't want to smash it on anything or fall
 because I wasn't using both hands.
The view from the top of Black Rock.
We made it!
A most marvelous view.
We could see Zambia in the distance.
Eating a lunch.
Whitney relaxing after lunch.
Making our way back down Black Rock to the land rover. 
Eventually, we made it back to the land rover and returned to Lifupa. Once we got back, we packed up and made our way to Lilongwe, stopping by SAFI on the way.

Kasungu was a marvelous, marvelous place to spend two days. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment