Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Seaside and Cannon Beach.

Our last day in Oregon, Jenny and I went to the coast. 

I've practically grown up on the beaches of Lake Michigan. The Oregon coast is entirely different.

Maybe it's the fact that we visited in the end of November, but it felt so much wilder. The rocky crags, the waves, the wind, the wet sand, the lack of people.

First, we went to Seaside. Here's a couple shots.



Approaching the beach.
Jenny running into the ocean.
Stick people doing stick people things. 
A lone couple and their dog walking on the seashore. 
Next, we headed to Cannon Beach. Before we headed to the beach, we got some food because we were starving. Cannon Beach is a charming, if rather touristy, town, and we found a cozy place to get burgers and clam chowder. Cannon Beach itself was breathtaking. Take a look.

Cannon Beach.
Jenny and the ocean and the sun.
Me & the beach.
Pure rock. So incredible. 
I really do not have too much more to add to this post in terms of additional words. I feel as though the pictures rather speak for themselves as to how beautiful it all was--and a picture is worth a thousand words, right? Honestly, I could have spent hours there, bundled up with a good book and a thermos of hot chocolate or something.

Even with all the rain, I could see myself living in the Northwest and liking it. Really liking it. I would love to do a good hiking trip there someday, although camping in the rain has never been my favorite. I hear the rain isn't so bad during the summer though. At any rate, there's this relay race that I've wanted to do for a couple years now. Check it: http://www.hoodtocoast.com. Now that I've been to Oregon once, I'd love to go back! I feel like a race would be the perfect excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment