Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

resolved.

New Year's resolutions. I'm usually all over them. Even with my awful track record. If nothing else, they're cool indicators of the kind of person I'd like to be someday. So here goes, even if they are a tad really late.

1) Run ten miles a week. I decided training for a marathon this semester was so unrealistic that I would just give up running all together. But ten miles a week...that's attainable...right?
2) Work my butt off for Choose to Give and Zambia's Scholarship Fund. It'll be worth it in the end, even if it kills me. Seriously, I've done Choose to Give for three years now and every year, I think I am NEVER doing this again...and every year I do it again. It's addicting.
3) Eat healthy. Hahaha. The sad thing is, I'm not even joking. I really do want to eat healthy. But you know what I had to eat today? A cookie for breakfast, a pop tart and two slices of bread for lunch, and Panda Express for dinner. How pathetic. (Dear mom, I promise this is not typical. Today's meals were especially awful for some reason.). Anyways, I just need to get back on track.
4) Start reading the New Testament in Spanish. Scripture study everyday.
5) Finish The Screwtape Letters...and at least START Les Miserables. In English.
6) GO TO ZAMBIA. Learn and serve my heart out. And kind of going along with this, to minimize complaining and really appreciate what I have.
7) Read poetry over breakfast. I'm not even kidding. Please don't think I'm lame.
8) Live the life in Minneapolis and learn as much as possible from my R&D internship this summer.
9) Manage my time more wisely...as in...stop wasting so much time on facebook.
10) Remember to make my car payments on time. I'm a big girl now (riiight).

Honestly though, I've realized more than ever that when I'm doing the right things, pieces of my life just fall into place, right in the moment that I need them to. I literally feel like I'm getting my prayers answered all the time-- that my Heavenly Father is watching out for me. I'm kind of a control freak when it comes to my life, but this year, I'm going to try to let go of the reins a little bit and see where God takes me. Live life to the very fullest, shoot for my biggest dreams, and follow the Spirit while I'm at it. I have a feeling that I'll end up where I'm supposed to be. Que viva la vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment