Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Wonder That Is Arizona.

I can't even begin to tell you all the cool and exciting things that have happened in my life since I've been in Arizona. But, here...I'll try.

1) I stepped out of the car in Phoenix...and it was like 60 degrees outside. At night. I didn't need a jacket or ANYTHING. Plus, the car we rode in to Arizona was super gas-efficient...and we only had to pay $20 for gas money.

2) I picked an orange right off the tree. And ate it. Yum. In fact, my roommate has multiple orange trees in her yard. It's hard to express in words exactly how cool this is. As an added bonus, she also has three cows in the backyard.

3) I also picked a fresh lemon off a tree for lemon zest for linzer cookies Cool? You bet. Plus, we got to make fresh lemonade. Delicious? Oh, you bet.

4) I had real Mexican food for the first time since Mexico, straight from the local Rancho market. It was pretty legit and pretty tasty as well.

5) For the past two nights, I've slept in till almost ten. I haven't done that since...last August. It's as good as I remembered. 

6) I GOT ACCEPTED INTO THE CAMBRIDGE SUMMER PROGRAM!!! This means I will get to spend my entire summer in EUROPE. This=dream come true. I'm so excited I can barely stand it. ah, Ah, AHHH.

7) I went for a run for the first time since finals. In 65 degree weather. Really, could life get any better?

8) I watched How to Train Your Dragon for the first time...okay. OKAY. This movie is adorable. I loved it. And if you haven't seen it yet...you should. :)

9) I get to leave for Mexico in only  5 days. I can't wait. I've missed Mexico so much. Even though it won't be Guadalajara (oh, LOVE), it will still be thoroughly amazing and I can't wait to get started on some volunteer work.

10) Lara and Haley made linzer cookies and chocolate crinkle cookies--both very very labor-intensive... but  also incredibly, exquisitely delicious.

11) I had a great convo with a friend last night who might be able to travel all over Europe with me next summer. If there's something better than traveling, it'd definitely be traveling with a friend.

12) A friend of mine in the air force told me about survival week. They survived for eight days on dandelions, ants, and a boiled rabbit. Although, to make it perfectly fair, before survival week, they got a two-week survival crash-course so they wouldn't have to resort to cannibalism. Even during finals week, I survive on more than ants. There's a reason I'm not in the air force. Here in Arizona, I could probably survive for eight days on just cookies and candy should the need arise.

13) Embarrassing fact: I forgot my passport in Provo. I know, I KNOW. I couldn't believe it either. But I did. I even paced the apartment before I left, because I knew I was leaving something very important, but couldn't remember what it was. Thanks to my other amazing roommate though, I'll be able to  have it express-mailed to me in time.

14) I get to watch Tangled. Which I've heard great things about.
P.S. I just got back from seeing it. It's great. Really great.

15) Even though I'm not with my family, I can still feel their love and support for me. They're awesome. I just love them all so much.

That's all.
:)

2 comments:

  1. What are you going to Mexico for and how long? Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be in Mexico for a week and I'll be doing humanitarian work...building houses and such. I miss you as well!

    ReplyDelete