Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Of Finals and Food.

Good news: We're almost to the end of the semester. It's a Friday and there's no class.
Bad news: That means...it must be a reading day. Reading days=Upcoming finals. Uh-oh. Yup.

As my roommate pointed out to me last night, I blog during my most unproductive moments. It's how I justify procrastinating my homework, not cleaning my room, and checking facebook (for inspiration, of course). I am in one of those unproductive moments right now. I SHOULD be finishing my portfolio for Writing Fellows, but I don't WANT to.

I really shouldn't be complaining about finals though because my finals week this semester isn't looking too bad. I've already taken my final for my Spanish convo class and I've finished my final for NDFS 191 (it was that research paper I talked about earlier). I will have to study for a really long time for my Span206 class, but I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to handle the final if I study hard enough. All I have to do for my advanced writing class is create my portfolio and give a presentation. That will be a lot of work...but I'm not worried about it, per say. That leaves me with just chemistry to bite my nails about. Oh, chemistry. Chemistry will probably kick my butt, regardless of how much studying I do. Nonetheless, study I will. Long and hard.

Tonight, I'll be studying for my Spanish final. Haley and I are planning on staying at good ol' Harold (the library) until the music comes on...forcing us out the door at the hour of 2:00am. This=tradition. Let me tell you, it's agonizing. And awful. And tradition. There's a certain camaraderie between you and all the other miserable souls in that place that time of night. You're all stressed, cranky, frustrated, and for heaven's sake, in the library. It's almost comical. I remember the first time I accomplished this singular feat. I don't think I'd ever understood the phrase "Misery loves company" until then. You know what's going to get me through tonight?

This.




This, right here, is a j-dawg. A j-dawg is simply phenomenal. You probably don't understand unless you've tried one. A j-dawg is one of the best AND cheapest stress-therapy treatments around Provo, Utah. Therefore, they're perfect for preparing for finals.
Just saying.





Yes. Oh, yes. Mhmm.

Just a quick note about this no-sugar diet. So...I made this deal with myself to try to go off-sugar for two weeks (You think I'm doing this over Christmas? NOPE). I'm sure it's really healthy for me. At least, that's what I keep telling myself. :)  I've been placed in the midst of temptation many times and have successfully withstood sweets of any kind. Quick note: Haley barely saved me last night when I was about to drink some chocolate milk. That was a sad moment.

Today, we have our Writing Fellows closing social. Basically, it's a cookie social with the best cookies of the semester. It lasts for two hours. Do you think I'm happy about this no-sugar diet? Do you think I'm going to cave in and eat some? The answer to both, my friend, is a resounding no.

And this is how I feel about that.
:(

2 comments:

  1. awe ms Emily, I bet theres a sugar free candy bar you can bring with you to your party! :( I'm not a huge fan of that picture you have of me up there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you left a comment on my blog and I love your blog! Reading this post brought back sooo many college memories for me. It wasn't that long ago, but seeing you in the same place makes it feel like forever ago!

    ReplyDelete