Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

it doesn't interest me-

"It doesn't interest me what you do for a living, I want to know what you ache for. It doesn't interest me how old you are, I want to know if you are willing to risk looking like a fool for love, for your dreams, for the adventure of being alive. I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine. It doesn't interest me where you live or how rich you are, I want to know if you can get up after a night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone, and do what needs to be done. I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and truly like the company you keep in the empty moments."
-Oriah Mountain Dreamer


On another note, some stuff's been coming up that's been making some of my future plans uncertain. Although I love spontaneity and random acts of adventure, not having any kind of certainty makes me kinda really nervous. 

So I'm just gonna pretend that whatever happens is gonna happen because that's the way it's supposed to be. Right?

It's never been hard for me to dream high and make big goals. It's been a challenge to accept that failure to achieve what I aspire to (whether that be through some fault of my own or some external circumstance) is sometimes the best thing for me though. 

Dear lord, why is that so hard? 

3 comments:

  1. Don't tell me... thinking about a mission?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no, I don't foresee a mission coming up anytime soon. Just trying to figure out what's supposed to happen over this summer (and the next two years).

      Delete
  2. Love it! It's going to work out just right!

    ReplyDelete