Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

blogging is hard.

It's almost August. I have four weeks left of my internship.

And I still haven't even gotten through my second weekend in Africa. I've put it off and put it off and put it off because there's this huge conglomeration of things to say, pictures to post, and memories to think about floating around in my head. 

It takes time to write about all that. This is why I have never successfully kept a handwritten journal (okay, or any kind of journal at all) for any length of time. Thankfully, typing is a lot faster than the alternative, or I'd just give up right now. 

The anal, OCD part of me wants to go in chronological order. That's why I haven't breathed a word about Minnesota yet. 

Anyways, I'm going to try posting a little something everyday about something that happened in Africa. Get it done and get it outta here. I will finish Africa before I start on Minneapolis, so help me. But it probably won't all be in order. It's kind of a compromise. 

I guess the bad thing about having adventures is that blogging about them is such a drag. But if you don't have some way to read about them when you're ninety years old and losing your mind, I think that you've got some wasted utility going on--and I'm all about maximization.

Utility. Where did that even come from? Thank you, econ friends.  

2 comments:

  1. Reading about your adventures in Africa and then Minneapolis in semichronological order will bring me so, so much utility.

    (P.S. I have the exact same problem right now)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I LOVE Jacqueline's comment! and yeah, I think I'm in the same boat. Look at us poor girls. Having adventures is just SO HARD haha

    ReplyDelete